Customs Clearance Portsmouth
Portsmouth International Port offers cargo shippers the facilities and expertise to ensure all goods are handled smoothly and efficiently:
- Eight-hectare (20-acre) state-of-the-art fruit and vegetable-importing facility – the result of £25 million in investment
- Specialised warehousing and temperature-controlled pack house – so produce arrives at its destination in perfect shape
- Unique IT system developed by the Port – allowing clients to track products in real time as they move through the supply chain
- One-stop turnkey operation delivering not just stevedoring but also delivery, packaging and onward transport – an unrivalled service
- 60 forklifts on site, new cranes and by 2012 new warehouses – investment to match shippers’ high expectations
- Quay water depth of more than 9.5 metres below chart datum from spring 2011 for flexible berthing regardless of tides – eliminating deviations to offload excess weight
- Customs Agency and Ship Agency – provided if required
Cargo handling is by Mainland Market Deliveries. MMD (Shipping Services) Ltd operates from the commercial wharves at Flathouse Quay (190 metres) and Albert Johnson Quay (285 metres).
Directors and workforce have more than 20 years’ experience in the shipping industry – you’re in expert hands.
With direct computer links to H. M. Customs, we are able to provide a fast and efficient Customs clearance services at the following locations: